My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

No butts about it -- you stinky!

Hubby was in charge for one day last weekend, Jelly bean and Tobee are doing ok, but slowly the truth unravels...

Hubby: "Jelly be careful, remember how you fell down the steps last night."
Jelly: "Yes."
In shock - Me: "Wait, she what?"
Hubby: "Not the whole way down just a couple...she's ok."

Ah yes, silly me, it was only a couple!

Me: "Did you have fun with Daddy yesterday?"
Jelly: "Yes."
Me: "What did you do?"
Jelly: "We watch TV and played."

Harmless...

Almost a week later, Jelly and I are at a restaurant...
Jelly: "Mommy, do you want to smell my butt?"
Me: "What?"
Jelly: "Do you want to smell my butt?"

Have you ever had the feeling someone was standing behind you when your child repeated something you asked them to and then realized you wish you hadn't. Yeah, well our waitress was standing right there behind me...

With an embarassed grin I turned around...
Me: "Hi."
Waitress: "Will that be everything."
Me: "Yes, just the check please."

It didn't take long to put the pieces together, Jelly sounded like a Ren and Stimpy video. I believe the episode was "Stimpy's First Fart." Ah yes, and now it makes all kinds of sense!



In all seriousness, it was a good bonding day for them, and a break for me...I really can't complain.

;0)


Subscribe to Parenting Tales

3 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Dads have their own way :)

MB said...

I have only one thing to say... B, do you want to smell my butt?? ;)

Carey said...

inthefastlane - yes they do!

mb - no thanks! LOL!