My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Are you smarter than a 3-year-old?

Recently, I bought the Deceptively Delicious cookbook to try to fool my finicky toddler into eating foods with yucky vegetables in it.

Yeah, think she read the book before I did.

The other night, I made mac and cheese with butternut squash...it was actually pretty good, but my little Jelly Bean was too smart for that.

To Jelly: "You haven't even touched your mac and cheese?"
My little miss smarty-pants reached over her plate and touched the mac and cheese with her finger and gave a "cheesy" grin...and wouldn't try one bite...not one!

Ok, maybe we will try the spinach/carrot brownies next...she can't resist chocolate!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I have been wanting to try this. My daughter is too smart also. I was thinking of adding baby food instead of the real thing since it is pureed. Did you try that yet?

hehe I am constantly sneaking things into our food beacause my husband is so picky. he hasn't caught on yet.

Carey said...

I pureed some veggies, haven't tried baby food...we have only done the mac and cheese, I may try the brownines this week.