My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The clowns are in town!

This weekend the circus was in town, not the Big Ringling Bros. one, it was the Zembo Shrine circus -- which is on a much smaller scale.
We went last year, but unfortunately with so much happening this weekend, we were unable to make it -- but considering how terrified Jelly was when the clowns visited day care on Friday...it was probably for the best.

The clowns visit every year and it can be hit and miss with the kids. Some have a blast, while some, like Jelly, look at them like they are mass murderers (which no offense, but if you've seen Poltergeist or It --you'd be scared too!)
Not even balloons will entice my daughter to come near, but thanks to brave mommy, she at least got a pink dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've known many grown ups who were terrified of clowns.

Sheri said...

They are kind of creepy aren't they?
I have been thinking of you and praying for you all this week. Thank you for the kind words about Noah.

Carey said...

I am personally terrified of clowns...well, clown dolls. Not the circus clowns. But I figure she is making progress...No Santa, Yes to Easter Bunny, No Clowns...before it was just NO. LOL