My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh, those special moments

I was reminiscing the other day (yesterday to be exact), about the times when Jelly bean was running around healthy - chasing the cat, giggling, and throwing tantrums...ahhh how I miss those days...

No, really.

I don't know what it is about being the only healthy person in the house...it just isn't fair. (Hubby is now knocked out on 3 drugs, while recovering from a torn muscle in his neck.) Not only do I have boogers to wipe, medicine to force down, dishes to clean and throw logs on the fire...but I have to keep my cool. Which on these days can be quite tough.

But I do it, maybe not with a lot of grace, but I do it. Because I love being a mom.

Because I love it when Jelly out of the blue runs up and says, "I love you mommy," or when she gives me those puppy-dog eyes and says, "Please". And of course when she smiles and spreads her infectious laugh...Yes, those are the moments that make being a mom -- special.

Some days are tough, some are easy...but you'll never get those days back, so enjoy every moment.

Forecast update: Hubby was able to use his new: Monster-blower yesterday. Even though his doctor has him on 2 different painkillers and a muscle relaxer...regardless of the warning of..."Do not operate heavy machinery," he insisted on snowblowing the driveway. Luckily no one was hurt.



Men!

How did Tim Allen put it...arhh, arhhh, arhhhh?


Subscribe to Parenting Tales

4 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I seem to always be the healthy person, taking care of everyone else. Sometimes, that gets a little old and I think people should start taking care of me.

Sheri said...

wow look at that snow! I have never been in snow like that.
Don't worry I bet she will be up and throwing tantrums soon. lol
Poor thing. I feel bad for all of you.

Jill said...

Oh win they're sick it seems like they're NEVER going to get back to normal again, does it? Hope they're both feeling better soon!

Carey said...

Thanks. That snow wasn't the end of it, we got 2 inches of ice that night...guess who was lucky enough to chip it away?
;)

Jelly is feeling better...still coughing and has a low-grade.