My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall into sickness

You've gotta love this time of year, the leaves are changing color, the air is getting cooler, the kids are starting to get sick...

When I picked up Jelly-bean from day care yesterday, all seemed fine. She got her usual cookies and juice for the hour-long ride home. She asked for me to turn on her music. She has been slowly recovering from a bad cold within the last week. And still has some sniffles and coughs, but nothing too bad. All the kids in day care have it. And granted, I will take a cold over anything else, any day...not my luck yesterday.

My little Jelly-bean said her tummy hurt...and blah. All over the car, all over her. Luckily for me, my husband and I carpool, even luckier for me, I was driving. I don't want to sound mean, but I really don't have a stomach for vomit...even writing it, doesn't sit well with me. But my hubby, is a super hero when my daughter is sick - well you-know "blah" sick. He can handle it pretty well...I like to think he has a stomach of steel. So, maybe it was luckier for her - I was driving.

This happens to be the 3rd time we have experienced this in the car. By the way, diapers are great for catching it, but the trick is, you have to have them handy...which yesterday the diapers were in the very back of the car...but not next time. I will have a barf bag and diaper ready...and maybe thanks to Murphy's law, I will not experience another blah drive home!

And not to worry, Jelly-bean is running around today, happy as can be, and even said "I don't wanna trow-up. I fine."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hate it when that happens. So far we have been lucky this year--KNOCK ON WOOD!