My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Potty Time

Call it curious or trying to imitate mommy and daddy, but our little Jelly-Bean asked to use the potty, and actually peed too! This has been happening on and off for the past couple weeks.

Honestly, I am trying to contain my excitement, I do realize that potty-training your child can take a full year.

I finally broke down and bought a potty seat, not one of those stand-alone things you have to clean out, personally I find that offensive...don't get me wrong, I just don't want to clean it out myself. So the seat that I bought fits over our toilet seat. It seems to make sense, if you are out and about are you going to drag a port-a-pot with you? No, well at least I wouldn't.

Right now our daughter is in a classroom (at day care) that doesn't have the capability to potty-train, so we won't be pushing the issue too much. But I will keep you updated on our progress...

Do you have any potty-advice for our little Jelly-Bean?

1 comment:

Mistress of the Dorkness said...

aw, how exciting! the learning something new and wanting to be like mommy and daddy! :-D

my little guy has been potty trained for over a year. He started out going well off and on... then just wouldn't do it for weeks and weeks, and we were worried because the daycare cutoff for potty training is 3 years old... and BAM, two weeks before his third birthday he flat refused to wear diapers anymore. (pullups at night for another eight months)