My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Painting is theraputic...and messy

Last weekend I spent much of my Sunday painting this mural with some very talented and artistic friends. The mural is on my daughter's (and my friends) day care playground. The kids are extremely thrilled and it isn't even done yet!


My friend Azirah, who is the very talented artist who is responsible for this amazing creation...hand drew the entire safari and the pictures just don't do it justice.



My other friend Nicole, who organized and planned this cool idea, has been spending much of her free time on this as Azirah.




And then there is clumsy me...see that huge wet spot on the ground...yes, I knocked over a very full bucket of green paint. Thankfully, with scrub brushes and soap...it washed up.




After my spill I decided it would be best for everyone if I kept low to the ground. So you can see my handy work on the grass...




And Azirah thought it would be nice to add 3 butterflies in memorandum for the those angel babies who have been lost...


It was fun...and we got a lot accomplished, but there is still more work to do...I will try and re-post new pictures when the mural is complete.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How neat! Looks like a great time!!