My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Night time battles

Oh the joy of night-time battles! Nothing makes a mom and dad feel so relaxed after an hour and a half of kicking, screaming, yelling and crying because its time for bed routine. You name it, I tried it...the questions, "are you scared?" "are you having nightmares?" the bed time ritual (brush teeth, potty, book, songs, etc.). I even tried more mommy-Jelly time...and my little master manipulator princess still delays bedtime up to an hour.

Even when we try to get ready for bed, an hour earlier...Jelly-slowsky-bean manages to delay it even longer.

And to put the cherry on top of this sleep-deprived sundae, she wakes up through-out the night crying...it is like we have a newborn all over again...only, the new-mom-adrenalin-thing is gone and I have to get up at 5 am to go to my 8-5 job every day. Yes, I think I have officially entered that zombie-mommy phase. Drink lots of coffeeeeeee.

She has a night light, lullaby's playing all night and every baby and princess and doggie and kitty in her bed next to her...so seriously, Dr. Sears, Dr. Karp ---Anyone...pleaase help!

-signed zombie-mommy Carey




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I'm here by way of BlogHer ads. Oh, sleep deprivation. My daughter was up 5 times a night for 13 months---my whole outlook on life CHANGED. She's 22 months now and she goes down with *some* difficulty. I usually give her options to a point. So, would you like to read this or this? Or would you like to wear this or this...and, what a big girl you are, brushing your teeth by yourself. OK, time for "beauty sleep." Big girls do it, and since you're a big girl...

Hang in there! This is a TOUGH job!

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness! You poor thing. Maybe letting her come in bed with you? I am sure that is bad advice.lol Grace wakes up crying too and Michael or I lie down with her until she falls asleep. The same with bedtime.
I am sure this will pass. Thank God for coffee right?

Carey said...

Welcome Ashley! Thanks for the advise.

Sheri - Yes, Coffee is my best friend! LOL!

Jill said...

Yeah, that's the MAIN REASON I only had two kids. Neither of mine ever slept. I did the Ferber thing with my daughter but still feel guilty about it to this day. I only tried it for like one night with my son & in all honesty they were BOTH lousy sleepers, Ferber or no Ferber.

Also, I just turned my TEN year old son down for a request to stay in my bed for the night & this is the second or third night in a row I've had to do that, so I hate to say it, but no end in sight, though he does generally sleep through once he's finally down.