My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Friday, March 7, 2008

It's a party - WSD style!

I have been a little lax lately on my weekend steals and deals…so in honor of Jelly beans 3rd birthday (which is still a few months away), I am going all out on planning for her bash!

Hubby and I decided that to keep costs down and not to get caught-up in the craziness of birthday parties every year (especially with the possibility of having another child in the equation), we felt it was realistic to have birthday parties spread out to every other year. So,
the first year we had a "garden party" theme and invited all our friends and family and last year was a simple family get-together.

This year, due to Jelly’s fascination with Cinderella and princesses, we have decided to do a "generic princess" theme. After hours of searching I finally found the perfect invites,thank you notes and decorations. And right now, Birthday Direct is offering free 3-day shipping when your order is over $55. And I have to say, I was impressed with how quickly my order arrived and everything looked great!

Next up, party favors. These can be really tricky with 3 year olds…you don’t want to give them loads of candy (unless you want to deal with grumbling parents) and you don’t want to give them small trinkets (choking hazards). In keeping with my theme, I searched the local dollar store and oriental trading. Both pulled some great results, although sometimes the dollar store can be less than stellar, this new one near my house was pretty nice. Then the great thing about Oriental Trading, you can buy stuff in bulk – cheap. I ended up going with OT for that reason. I found exactly what I needed and again regular shipping was fast and reliable.

On Sunday, I am going to share my birthday party planning tips…and if you have some really great party planning ideas…send them to me at hbgbastet (at) gmail (dot) com and I will include them in my posting.

Have a happy weekend!

Subscribe to Parenting Tale

No comments: