My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Friday, November 2, 2007

Weekend Steals and Deals

Deck the Stores with too early for Holiday Decorations Faa La La La La....Oh, why not jump on the race to the Holidays bandwagon? Here is this weeks WSD for you, him, your kids and pets too.

While making a quick stop at the local Tar-jay, I discovered this terrific lip balm by Burts Bees, it has pomegranate oil in it, yum! It goes on smooth and makes my lips oh-so-kissable...

Speaking of kissable...last weekend, hubby and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary...I was looking for some last minute ideas (very unusual of me to procrastinate...really!) and thought - there is no other way to a man's heart but through his tummy. And since my guy loves chocolate/sweets - how romantic would chocolate covered strawberries and champagne be? Um very! Without much time or being able to sneak time into make these myself, I did a google search for Berries and found Berry Elegance. Now these berries are a little steep in price, and you have to pay a hefty one-day delivery fee, but let me tell you...they were worth it....Oh So Yummy!

And as the season finally changes from summer to winter (what is up with this Global Warming?), I have started buying my Jelly-bean her winter gear, and hopefully we will see some snow this year! (Shoppers tip: LL Bean and Lands End have free shipping right now.) But we all know how much kids hate getting suited up for the cold weather, so why not make it fun? These cute scarfs are sure to entertain your little one...and the matching hats are just too cute!

Because my cat is technically my first kid, I want to share with other feline mommy's and daddy's fat cat products...I first bought this for my fat boy...oh 8 or 9 years ago. He literally tore into the shopping bag and went nuts. Fat Cat toys calls their secret ingredient "zoom around the room cat nip." I like to call it "cat crack." My cat like cat nip, but fat cat toys cat nip he looooves. Now not all cats like cat nip, but the toys are really cute. I recommend the cat mat and cat squares.

No comments: