My Children. My Opinions. My Tales.

Monday, June 4, 2007

In - dependence?

Well, my daughter is finally 2. We have officially entered the stage of independence...or maybe not? There are so many things I have noticed within the past few weeks.

Suddenly, my daughter who insisted on walking, now wants to be carried (but of course, only when I have two large heavy bags!). She now clings to me as I (attempt to) drop her off at day care.

She has also shown me that she wants part in her decisions too. What to wear, what to eat, or what to drink.

It really is interesting watching the wheels turn inside their minds. They want to be like mommy and daddy, yet they want to be themselves too.

My daughter wants to be independent, but she is also afraid to let go of mommy and daddy...but I have to admit, I hate to let go too.

No comments: